Mechanical Design Engineer
Cielo Inertial Solutions, a leading company in the development and production of Inertial Navigation Systems for the defense industry in Israel and International Markets, is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join us to lead and design mechanical systems for Cielo’s cutting-edge products.
Your day-to-day is to work closely with multiple interfaces – Systems Engineering, Electronics, NPI team and more on company cross products and be part of the R&D team.
In this role you will –
- Design mechanical sub-systems for inertial navigation systems
- Perform structural and dynamic analysis using FEA tools
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary R&D teams, including optics, system and HW
- Participate in multidisciplinary research – design, development, testing and utilization of mechanical components
- Prepare specifications, evaluate vendors, analyze test reports, and ensure products conform to industry standards and specifications
- Develop, design, and provide cost estimates and risk analysis
- Respond to customer/client requests
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment
Role requirements –
- B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of related experience in mechanical design of electro-mechanical optomechanical systems
- Experience in structural and dynamic FEA analysis – an advantage.
- Experience in design for CNC and 3D printing
- Experience in design for manufacturing and design to cost
- Ability to work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment with tight, fast-paced development schedules.
- Hands-on approach, a team player
- Familiarity with MIL STD – advantage